Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday shopping!

James was off work today so I brought him with Reagan and I for our weekly big shopping day. It was nice for me to be able to share this with him and at least some of what goes into our creating the food storage we have and the savings that we enjoy.
We hit Buy Low in Provo first.
 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $1.59/lb (unadvertised sale price)
Flounder Fillet $2.98 (I'm not a fish fan but James wanted to try it. The one tricky thing with bringing him along-- he often wants things not on my list. At least it was inexpensive.)
 
 These two t-shirts are for my daughter, just $1.99 each.
Milk $1.99 per gal
Mangoes .50 ea
Mushrooms 2/$3.00
Cauliflower .69/lb
 Fuji Apples .50/lb

Then we hit Rancho Market.
 Just a few things:
Macaroni and cheese .39 each
Curry Powder .99
Oranges 7 lb/.99
Then it was off to Walmart. I grabbed the ad from Rancho mkt to take to Walmart. Rancho doesn't take internet coupons, so I needed to ad match it to use my coupons.

French bread .98
Great value dressing 2.08
Mr. Clean 2 pk $1.97
-$1/1 Mr. Clean=.97
Activia 4 pk yogurt $1.87
-$1/1 Activia= .87
Almond Accents $2.98
-$1/1 Almond Accents online coupon= $1.98
Kikkoman soy sauce $1.74
-$1/1 Kikkoman product online coupon= .74
(2) Angel Soft double roll 4 pk $2.44 ea
-.45/1 Angel soft (doubled to .90= $1.54
(3) Land o frost 16 oz lunch meat ad matched with Rancho Mkt $2.99 ea
-$1/1 Land of frost 16 oz online coupon= 1.99
Romaine lettuce ad matched with Buy Low .50
(2) Starkist tuna pouches $1.08 ea
-.50/1 (doubled to $1= .08 ea)
Reach Dental Floss .97
-$1/1 Reach floss online coupon= FREE  
Carefree pantiliners .94
-.50/1 Carefree liners (doubled to $1= FREE) 
Colgate travel toothbrush .97
-.75/1 Colgate toothbrush (doubled to $1= FREE)

Final stop: Macey's!

 (6) Sunbelt Sweet & Salty granola bars @ $1.67 ea
(4) Sunbelt Granola Cereal @ $1.67
-B1G1 free online coupon= .83 ea!!
(2) Meadow Gold ice cream @ $2.50 ea
Imitation cheese slices $1.69 Sometimes you really should go with your gut. I had seen the same cheese at Buy Low for just $1.16. Why didn't I buy it there?!?!

We were pretty dang tired by the time we were done with all four stores. I think it was good for my husband, or at least for my self worth, for him to see what I do on shopping day; normally on my own with both kids. I feel like a profitable wife. :)

1 comment: