Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Shoes at Big 5 Sporting Goods

 Since I began bargain hunting, I have learned several lessons.
#1: When you find a shoe brand that you love, stick with that brand.
#2: Do not buy shoes on Ebay. You just don't know how they will fit.

My husband ended up coming home from work early today and we both needed sneakers, so we printed off a coupon from his email account and headed to our local Big 5. He was able to find new Fila basketball shoes at a really decent price and then used the coupon to get 20% off.
There was a section of clearance shoes at the entrance of the store. We stopped to look at those and I just happened to notice two boxes of New Balance women's shoes. New Balance is the PERFECT brand for my wide feet. I tried both, one being just way too wide, the other I wasn't totally sure about.
The sweet sales lady humored me and let me try on at least a dozen other pair of wide shoes in varying brands. After finding all the shoes that I didn't like, I went back again to the clearance New Balance shoes that I wasn't sure about. Guess what?!?! They were perfect!

Regular Retail: $69.99
Clearance Price: $20.00
Total after discount and tax: $19.22
So comfy and a super deal! I am a happy camper! Patience and a little looking pays off!!
Buying shoes on Ebay... not so lucrative. I have a great pair of shoes I need to try re-selling! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment