Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Dollar Store

 I made a trip to the local dollar store today. I didn't have time to take a pic of the loot, but I just have to say, dollar stores are awesome! So many great deals if you're looking for the right things!
 I get all of my allergy medicine there. It's a way better deal and works great. I needed raisins and found them there. Good size box too. I also grabbed a big bag of roasted, salted peanuts. What a steal! Even at Big Lots I would have paid 3x as much for the same!
 I also desperately needed carpet stain spray. I grabbed two good size cans there. I've gotten them there before and they work great. :)
 I looked at some walnuts but it was a really small bag. As I don't buy walnuts often, I will need to look around before I am sure it's a good deal. Walnuts are just plain expensive. I'm thinking my parents had the right idea with our giant walnut tree in California. I hated the associated chores then but I'd love to have it now!
 I also grabbed two packs of plastic cereal bowls for the kids. We go through bowls, cups and spoons at an unsettling rate....
 I also grabbed a nice little 2-sided bottle brush to put away for the new baby. Gathering things a little at a time.
 So..... I highly recommend checking out your dollar store. You may be really surprised at what you find there! Yes, there is also a lot of cheap crap. Be wise and the dollar store can save you a lot of money on things you need anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment