Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Progress!

My husband dug a trench, put in the plastic divider, newspapered and mulched my row of hedge trees! He's so great! His dad helped too. :) I yearn for the time when I will not see RVs and weed strewn parking areas!!!





 On the right is the area behind my shed that I have been working on for a few weeks. Doing things yourself, with kids, is not nearly so easy as DIY would like you to think!!! :) Anywho, I ran out of weed preventing material so I had to stop. :(  I did get a hole dug for my cottonwood tree and will be looking to buy and plant one this weekend! The hole is a lot less centered than I thought it was when I was digging it.... 
I got more of the fabric today and am hoping to finish this project this evening. I am still deciding on what to top it with; gravel or mulch? I am also going to plant climbing roses along the chain link fence so that I don't have to see my favorite apartments anymore!!! The Russian Sage that I planted there(two little starts) though small, is doing really well and will be quite lovely in a year or two.
The shade shadow you see on the white fence is from a horrible weed tree that is really common here. My little brother is outside pulling, pushing, jumping, sawing... well, he's getting it down. ;) He is also going to dig up every possible root!
These projects are taking a long time and a lot of work, but I am saving so much money! I have to keep reminding myself of that!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment